- Degree: Bachelor of Science in Banking and Finance (Awarded by University of London)
- Duration: 3 years (full-time)
The programme has been developed by academics at The London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE), regarded as an international centre of academic excellence and innovation in the social sciences
- To provide a thorough understanding of the ways in which financial intermediaries and institutions operate, and the structure and functioning of financial markets
- Aim to excel in a career in accountancy, consulting, commercial or investment banking, trading and sales or in risk management
- Wish to pursue accreditation from professional bodies including: Ifs School of Finance (the provider of choice to most of the UK’s leading financial services organizations), ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants), ICPAS (Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Singapore).
The London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) is a small specialist university with an international intake and a global reach. Its research and teaching span the full breadth of the social sciences, from economics, politics and law to sociology, anthropology, accounting and finance. Founded in 1895 by Beatrice and Sidney Webb, LSE has an outstanding reputation not only for academic excellence, but also for extensive engagement with the worlds of government, policymaking and business.
LSE is a College of the University of London and is responsible for the academic direction of the Economics, Management, Finance and Social Sciences (EMFSS) programmes available as University of London International Programmes. This means that LSE academics and administrative staff develop syllabuses, write subject guides, develop online learning opportunities and materials, advise teaching institutions and prepare and mark examinations.
University of London International Programmes students have the benefit of LSE’s academic expertise, and the backing of the University of London, one of the oldest and largest universities in the UK.
Successful students are awarded degrees or other qualifications by the University of London. These are distinct from degrees or other qualifications awarded by LSECourse structure:
- 17 years old and above
- Completed Year 12 or equivalent
- A pass in a Pathway University Year
- British University Vietnam allows direct entry to qualifications where a student has satisfied those below requirements
- IELTS 6.0 with individual sub-test marks of no less than 5.5 or TOEFL IBT of 92 with at least 22 in both Reading and Writing skills and at least 20 in Speaking and Listening or equivalent
- Completed Year 1 of Staffordshire degree and passed Math in the Secondary School Graduation with a score of at least 7/ equivalent to O level or
- 2 UK A levels + 3 non overlapping O level (or High school graduation with 3 individuals subjects at 7.0 or above) and Math must be pass at either A level or O level (Vietnam high school graduation with Math 7.0 or above) or
- 3 UK A levels + 1 non overlapping O level ( or 1 individual subject at 7.0 or above for Vietnamese students) and Math A level or O level or 7.0; or
- 3 UK A levels including Math with at least 1 passed at grade D or above
- Please note: University of London takes Acceptance on program. The Bridging program pass merely allows for consideration by the University of London
Download Application checklist
Student Recruitment Office
British University Vietnam
193 Ba Trieu, Hanoi, Vietnam
Tel: (+84) 4 39 747 596 / (+84) 4 39 740 740 - Hotline: (+84) 936 304 968
Fax: (+84) 4 39 747 593